Tuesday, February 15, 2005

5 MONTHS!

Your 5 month birthday was yesterday. How quickly you change! Two days ago you were laying on the floor in the living room and I was playing with you, sticking out my tongue at you and laughing. Dad was watching. Then, you looked right at me very seriously and stuck your tongue out at me. It sounds silly but it was amazing! I've never seen you so responsive before -- mimicking our expressions. Then last night at about 8:30 (which is late for you!), you were really getting your tongue out of your mouth, sucking on it, moving it around, and when I copied you you laughed out loud. You kept laughing, thinking it was so funny that I was doing what you were doing, or vice versa.

Last night grandma janis babysat you while Dad and I went to a dinner, but you got really unhappy and then we came home and you stopped crying right when I held you. I think you're getting really smart, and are starting to know when I leave. That's the first time it's really happened.

Grandpa frank came and visited from Alaska. He had fun holding you and playing with you. He took you for a walk while I had my hair cut down in Seattle. Also, you got to meet Great Grandma Margie and Great Aunts Peggy & Eileen. They all thought you are such a cute guy.

You take lots of naps lately, at least every 2 or 3 hours you are nodding off in my arms or in the car or while nursing. You seem to still be tired at night, though, and really don't wake up (wide awake) at night at all. You rouse a little bit and grunt and will cry if I don't move you around or rearrange your covers or nurse you. But I think you are still halfway asleep and usually fall back asleep within minutes.

We're going to Hawaii on Friday -- flying from Portland. I bet you'll have fun on the beach. More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home